Avalanche, a prominent blockchain platform, offers its users the opportunity to stake AVAX tokens. Staking is a process where users lock up a certain amount of their cryptocurrency to support the operations of a blockchain network. In return, they earn rewards. For those interested in staking AVAX on Avalanche, here’s a step-by-step guide:
Benefits of Staking on Avalanche:
- Security: When staking through the official Avalanche wallet, the tokens never leave your possession. This ensures that your tokens remain secure.
- Rewards: As of the last update, staking AVAX provides an approximate reward of 8.5% on delegated tokens. For the most recent reward rates, users are advised to check the official page.
Steps to Stake AVAX on Avalanche:
Step 1: Access the Avalanche Wallet
- You can access the Avalanche Wallet using various methods such as a key phrase, Keystore file, or a Ledger device.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Earn” Section
- For staking, ensure that your funds are available on the Platform Chain (P-Chain). If your funds are on the Exchange Chain (X-Chain), you’ll need to initiate a cross-chain transfer to move them to the P-Chain.
- The minimum amount required for staking is 25 AVAX. Enter the desired amount to transfer to the P-Chain and complete the process by clicking the “Transfer” button.
Step 3: Add a Delegator
- Once your funds are on the P-Chain, the next step is to add a validator to delegate your tokens.
- Specify the duration of the staking period and the amount you wish to stake. It’s crucial to note the end time of the selected validator. The delegation period should not exceed the validator’s set end date.
- After confirming all the details, proceed with the delegation.
For any further queries related to staking on Avalanche, it’s recommended to consult the Staking FAQ or reach out to the support team.
Here at allincrypto.com we are committed to ensuring the best crypto related education and news we possible can deliver!